Call for Paper
In a rapidly changing regional security landscape, the threat from terrorism remains serious across the Indo-Pacific. This necessitates police, intelligence, and counter-terrorism responses. This special issue of JPICT investigates the changing nature of the terrorist threat, and evaluates Indo-Pacific responses.
Areas of particular interest include:
- The threat from the Islamic State and Al Qaeda in the Indo-Pacific
- Terrorism threats and challenges in the Indian Subcontinent
- The role of intelligence in countering terrorism in Asia: Lessons from Malaysia and Singapore
- Improving intelligence, policing and counter-terrorism in Indonesia
- The role of police in countering terrorism in Asia
- Counter-terrorism responses in the Indian Subcontinent: An assessment
- Understanding and countering suicide terrorism in Indonesia
- Community responses to countering terrorism in Asia
- The future of Afghanistan, terrorism trends and responses
- Information warfare and counter-terrorism in Asia
Authors are asked to submit a title and abstract of up to 400 words for their proposed 6,000-word article (including references). You are asked to submit these, together with a short professional biography, to the guest editor, Professor Andrew Tan, at email@example.com by 31 January 2023.
Papers for the Special Edition of JPICT will be commissioned in February 2023, with the papers due in August 2023. It is expected that these papers will also be re-published in a subsequent edited volume.
Authors are encouraged to submit high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under consideration by, other journals. An original article should be 6000 words, inclusive of abstract, references, and endnotes. A minimum of two files should be prepared for submission:
- Title page including title, author names and details, acknowledgements as well as funding and grant-awarding bodies. Please ensure you include the title of the special issue.
- Manuscript - anonymised (including title, abstract and keywords on first page; main text; references; appendices (as appropriate); table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figure caption(s) (as a list). If you are including tables and/or figures in your manuscript, please submit these as additional files.